The diagnostics is represented by sonographs (ultrasounds) located in each department with the following aims:
- diagnosis in the abdomen area (liver, gall bladder, bile duct, pancreas, spleen, kidneys, bladder, prostate – is especially sought-after by spa guests in Karlovy Vary)
- vascular diagnosis – flowing or possible pathology of carotid artery (malfunction in blood supply of the brain), arteries and veins of the lower limbs, diagnostics of possible arterosclerosis, varicose veins, malfunction of venuous flow, changes of abdominal aorta
- diagnosis of thyroid – in order to eliminate enlargement (usually increased function) or reduction of the gland (usually decreased function), inflammatory changes, knotted redevelopment or tumours of the gland
- diagnosis of the lymph nodes
- diagnosis of soft parts, especially muscles in order to prevent their tearing or breakage, in the subcutis area to diagnose fat or scar tumours
In order to specify the diagnosis a partner X-ray department (RTG) is available in Lázně III premises or in the city health centre where there is also a compex mammography department (diagnosis of breasts); in case it is needed a CT examination can be carried out in Karlovy Vary hospital.
Diagnosis and treatment of kidney, bladder or prostate diseases (e.g. inflammation, stones, kidney congestion, urination disorder, enlargement and tumours of prostate with urination disorders)
Diagnosis and treatment of endocrine glands especially thyroid gland in order to avoid its increased or decreased function.